Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Medusa featured in Fire Mountain ad!


image
Originally uploaded by Zoeowyn  
Im very excited, my metal clay and wire wrapped Medusa is featured in Fire Mountain Gems and Beads ad that is on the inside back cover of the current (september/October 2013) issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist magazine!

This piece was a finalist  in the 2012 metal clay competition.
I used Bronzclay the make a face with snake hair, and snake heads. I the. Used bronze jewelry wire to wrap the snake heads and a rattle tail, and make a framework of swirls. I used iridescent purple beads as accents along the edges.

Using the same wire I made a viking knit chain. The clasp is made of Bronzclay and is two intertwined snakes.  The caps are brass tubes, that I forged and drilled holes in. The chain is epoxied into the end caps.

No comments: