So I was asked if I could possibly figure out how to make this treble and bass note cake topper. And I said sure, it looks easy enough. I really didn't look at it until I pulled out the wire to make it, then I realized that this original one had to be soldered together. Oops. Well i figured it out with a little bit of extra wire wrapping and ta-dah. I used 16 gauge aluminum wire. Comparing the pictures I wish I had some heavier gauge wire, but hey. It looks good, the bride loves it -and thats what matters.
The top pic is mine, the bottom is the picture she gave me, came from somewhere on pintrest.