Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Skill developing

SW1008_TOC

Art magazines are my inspiration idea this week. Well, maybe not my idea. But to actually use them. I've been "collecting" jewelry how-to magazines mostly as inspiration. I can't say I have ever actually completed a project from one. A few techniques here and there, but not an entire project.

I have decided that I need to do that. Make some of these projects. Even if it is just an exercise in skill development like the scroll slug I made based on the cover earrings from this issue of Art jewelry.



Talk about not satisfactory results. I tried to make 2 at a time for a pair, one of them broke. Aluminum is not a good practice with even if it comes in pretty colors!

Any way last night i tried to follow the directions for a bracelet, had to work out some mental translation issues, as in I did not understand, or instructions were not as clear as they could have been. In any case after one trial false start I made this lovely bracelet based on magazine instructions. I used less wire, and added some beads.




There just might be something to this following magazine directions for learning skills thing....

No comments: