Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bath salts (not the kind that make you eat someone's face)

DIY bath salts
More from my DIY Christmas.
Bath salts make an easy group gift -you know that gift that is easy to make in mass and give to large groups. Most people fall back on baking, I don't bake much--only unless its as a set up for cake decorating. This was my "group" gift this year.

As a crafty person I have large quantities of weird stuff laying around the house. I actually made this batch of bath salts and only had to purchase the baking soda and the sea salt!

I used:
one box of baking soda
one tube of sea salt
half a sachet of lavender
lavender essential oil
glycerin
epsom salts
food coloring

I filled a medium bowl half full with baking soda.
I added 10 drops of glycerin and 5-6 drops of lavender oil.
I blended the  the glycerine and the oil into the soda, adding more soda as I went until every thing was blended and dry.

In a large bowl I added the baking soda oil mix, the rest of the baking soda, the sea salt, half of my lavender sachet and the epsom salts.

I had 2 cups of menthol and eucalyptus epsom salts and 2 cups of plain epsom salts.

I blended everything together.

I then added a few drops of blue food coloring to a paper towel (I didn't have purple, so blue it was), and I do mean a few 4 to 6. Then stir the mix with the colored towel. This will transfer a slight color into the mix. The color isn't needed, it just makes it a bit more "special."



The bath salts were divided up into baggies, and placed into small containers. Easy-peazy, and a nice soothing nice smelling bath for all.


No comments: