Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Embellish this!

the plain "before"


The other day while randomly shopping, I scored this cute bag on sale at Target. It was sort of steam-punky, and I've been looking for a new purse.

My last attempt to leave my current purse was too small, so I returned to the heavy tank of a purse my mom got me. Its shiny and black and Coach. I usually feel very "wrong" when the purse is worth more than anything inside of it. Plus its a heavy purse.

This messenger bag is a bit more "me."


The day I went to move into the bad I realized it needed something. It needed to be embellished, but I wasn't sure with what. Of course being steam-punk oriented I thought gears, then immediately chucked the gears and thought tentacles.

it was another few days before I managed to  add those tentacles. Also I decided to just go with a sharpie marker. They are fabric permanent, and its not like Im going to be washing this much, if at all.


the front of the bag

the side, I felt like drawing a jelly fish, I know not terribly steam punk, but fun none the less 
the back

Its been so long since I decorated a piece like this, I forgot how nice it is to customize your stuff. Just because you purchased it not with the intent to embellish, does not mean you can't embellish it and make it yours.








No comments: