Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday Amulets


Acheron
Originally uploaded by Zoeowyn


Bad Moon Rising amulet
Originally uploaded by Zoeowyn
Inspiration comes from where? Well in the case of these two amulets, desperation.
I am amazingly fortunate to live near Sherrilyn Kenyon. So that means I am near where they have her book launch parties. Well, ok the last 2, for Acheron and Infinity.
The last time I had serous boot envy.
I lust after big black gothy boots. I cannot wear them. If I can find them to fit my calves they hurt my feet.
Its a lusting that will most likely never find satisfaction.
Sigh.
So I was getting ready to brace myself for an evening of "ooh look at the boots." And I wanted, no needed, something that would put me on to equal status with out having the boots.
So I figured I would make myself some groovy appropriate necklaces.

The amulets are based on the cover art from the books Acheron and Bad Moon Rising.
I am quite pleased with how they turned out. Ms Kenyon even admired the work. As well as several other fans.

In the end I only had 1 case of boot envy. It was so hot out most folks did not come dressed for a goth ball, just in capris and t-shirts and flip flops.

No comments: